Apr 14, 2010

DANCING WITH THE STARS - SEASON 10 RECAP - WEEK 3: AIDEN TURNER IS GIVEN THE BOOT

The soap star takes his last step on the dance floor, while Kate Gosselin somehow remains in the competition

LOCATION: The Dance Floor

THE SKINNY: They love her! They honestly L-O-V-E her. Kate Gosselin escapes elimination yet again. The fans pull her through despite having the lowest judges’ scores of the night. Somehow, somewhere fans want her to stick it to Jon and shake and shimmy her way to success. The people have spoken and because of their votes sudsy stud Aiden Turner waltzed off the DANCING WITH THE STARS competition. Well, at least we don’t have to see him purging in the trash bin again.

The show itself was, eh…so-so. Not exactly a nail biter. I don’t know why this Macy’s Stars of Dance thing always irks me but it does. I know the dancers are talented and I know it’s a great time killer but anything that’s name includes a retailer in front of it that has absolutely nothing to do with what they are promoting really throws me off, ie. The Staples Center. I mean, just how much office equipment from Staples does the Staples Center have in it? And what does that have to do with your random sports event or rock concert? The Macy’s Stars of Dance has had its day in this season of change, so let's do away with that and do more stuff with the actual contestants and pros on the show.

Download DANCING WITH THE STARS Episodes

The Encore: Pamela Anderson and Damian Whitewood dancing The Rumba.

The Weakest Moment: I know she has mountains of fans and I get that she can sing, but Sade has never been someone I want to listen to whine and wiggle on stage; not in the ‘80s and not now. So with all due respect, whether Sade is making a big comeback or has never been out of the music spotlight I wouldn’t know. I just don’t care.

The Best Moment: The funny movie themed promos for next week’s dances. Cha Cha Blanca, Tuesday the 13th and Glambo: First Dance - very creative. I have to admit my curiosity is brewing. I can’t wait to see how they'll pull this off.

Who Got The Boot: The barfing Brit Aiden Turner, with just one point higher than Gosselin, couldn’t get the fan support he needed.

Now with Kate there’s just eight! Evan, Chad, Jake, Niecy, Pam, Erin, Nicole and Kate…let’s go! Bring the life back into DWTS! So far the show this season is in desperate need of some excitement! Step it up!