Nicollette Sheridan and ABC have to wait at least one more day to hear the verdict in the former “Desperate Housewives” star’s wrongful termination lawsuit. After the case went to jury on Wednesday, March 14, the jury announced on Thursday that it has not reached a verdict.
After the first full day of deliberations, the juror consisting of 9 women and 3 men returned to the court at 4 P.M. and told judge Judge Elizabeth Allen White that they were “having difficulty reaching a verdict.” The judge told them to go home and spend the evening reflecting on the matter before returning Friday at 10 A.M. to continue deliberating.
Earlier that day, the jury asked the judge to define “complaint” in the jury instructions. “Although an employee need not formally file a charge in order to qualify as a complaint, the employee needs to put the employer on notice of any allegedly improper activities,” the judge explained.
Met outside the courtroom, Sheridan’s lawyer Mark Baute commented on Thursday’s outcome, “I’m sensing some frustration and polarization.” He additionally showed confidence as saying, “I think the majority of jurors are in Nicollette’s favor but it takes 9 to get to the finish line.”