Apr 8, 2009

Adam Sandler making a movie I'm excited about (finally!)

Sandlerbellojames_l The last Adam Sandler movie I saw in theaters was 2004's Spanglish, which I remember not loving. (Although I now find myself watching it every time I spot it on cable, if only for the Téa Leoni-Cloris Leachman scenes. Strange. Same thing happened with 1990's Joe Versus the Volcano.) Today, however, I'm feeling hopeful. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Maria Bello (The History of Violence) has joined the cast of an untitled Sandler comedy about high school friends who reunite decades later. Also in the ensemble: Chris Rock, Salma Hayek, Maya Rudolph, Kevin James, David Spade, and Rob Schneider (naturally). Bello will play James' wife, which, I'm praying, isn't turned into some kind of According to Jim episode. I still believe he's ready to play a character that's not a boob. Hopefully Sandler, who cowrote the script with Fred Wolf (Joe Dirt, just pretending I didn't know that), agrees. Anyone else ready to return to Sandler? Or have you never left him?